Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
Where lawful and practical, you have the right to remain anonymous or to make use of a pseudonym, however if you choose to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym, we and our third party contractors and merchants may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of our products or services (including travel products and services).
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- billing, mailing and/or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- passport, visa, driver's licence details, travel documentation and other forms of personal identification;
- travel itinerary details, travel, accommodation and location details;
- health and medical information;
- insurance details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- complete registration or enquiry forms, order any products or services from us, participate in message boards, blogs and/or any other user generated content facilities or send emails to us;
- request, book and confirm services and products (including in relation to travel) from us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants;
- communicate with us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with such persons from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with the sites, services, content and advertising of us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants.
- Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish for us to collect it.
Some personal information (e.g. race, ethnicity, health information etc.) is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Law. We will not generally collect any sensitive information from you which we consider are unnecessary to our products and/or services. We will only collect such sensitive information when we have your express consent for us to do so and the collection is reasonably necessary for us to provide our products and/or services (for example, where specific travel restrictions or requirements apply) or pursue one or more of our functions or activities, or where the information is required or authorised by law or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, process, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the services and products (including in relation to travel), website, and applications of us or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and merchants;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise services and products (including in relation to travel), website, applications, business and user experience of us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you or otherwise allow you to view, update or correct any information held by us that you have provided to us including on behalf of other persons such as travelling companions;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to request, book and confirm services and products (including in relation to travel) from us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- for the purpose of providing you with our website services and developing our business;
- to personalise your visits to our website and developing the design and style of our website to improve the services provided to you;
- to informing you about the latest changes to our website, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- for communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
- in order to enable you to share our content with others, for example, by using an 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality’ feature; and/or
- carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Site.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service and/or products (including in relation to travel). This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (for example, an unsubscribe link).
Sharing Your Personal Information
- our employees, related bodies corporate, agents and contractors;
- our third party suppliers, merchants and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may share information about you with suppliers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality – for example online payment processing. We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to take steps to control and be responsible for the use of your information by such suppliers.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information.
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also supply personal information about you to third parties other than as set out above.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia New Zealand
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia New Zealand to related bodies corporate, employees, agents, contractors and/or merchants, third party suppliers and information technology and cloud services providers located in countries other than Australia, New Zealand, including in Africa, Americas, Asia, Australasia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania, including any nominated country in respect of which you make a booking or travel arrangement.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia New Zealand and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian New Zealand Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian New Zealand Privacy Principles
Using our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
In addition to personal information, we may collect information about you automatically when you visit our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with the Site will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet, for example, the operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location.
Keeping your personal information secure
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take the security of your personal information very seriously and will use reasonable commercial endeavours to take reasonable and appropriate steps to have appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure as required by law in Australia. New Zealand. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact TripADeal via our Online Feedback Form. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time as per our Complaints Policy.
If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take. Under the Privacy Laws you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information.
The Commissioner can be contacted at:
15 Wollongbar St
Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: 135 777 Phone: 0800 555 260
For any feedback or questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact TripADeal via our Online Feedback Form.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
To earn Qantas Points with Qantas Tours, Members will be required to provide a valid Frequent Flyer number and last name at checkout. Only the lead traveller, the primary contact for the booking, will earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent (including GST) on eligible holiday packages. Qantas Points will not be earned and cannot be redeemed on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply. Qantas Points will be credited to a member's account up to 8 weeks after tour completion. Qantas Points will not be earned on cancelled bookings.
In addition to the 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent, each Frequent Flyer member who enters their Qantas Frequent Flyer number into the booking will also earn Status Credits and Qantas Points on the flight component of the package. The amount you earn depends on your flights, the operating airline, fare class and member status. Find out how many Qantas Points you could earn on your next Qantas Tours flights with our online Points Calculator. Terms and conditions apply.
Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the minimum level of 4,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an accepted payment method. TripADeal booking terms and conditions apply.