Cancellation and Refund Policy
This Cancellation and Refund Policy is incorporated into and forms part of, the Terms and Conditions that govern the Booking Services provided to you by Trip A Deal Pty Ltd ("TripADeal", "we", "us" and/or "our"). Capitalised terms in this document have the meaning assigned to them, or otherwise as set out in the Terms and Conditions.
Nothing in this Cancellation and Refund Policy is intended to limit, exclude or modify or purport to limit, exclude or modify any Consumer Guarantees. The Terms and Conditions set out our liability in relation to the Consumer Guarantees generally.
We try to ensure that we only promote travel offers that our customers will enjoy. We understand, however, that occasionally, circumstances arise which mean that your Travel Service, dates or times, or your circumstances and preferences, may change or be affected. This policy sets out the circumstances in which TripADeal may provide refunds or credits to our customers ("customer", "you" or "your") or permit cancellation in respect of a specific travel offer.
It is important to remember that we are your agent in booking Travel Services, and do not provide any of the travel, accommodation or other activities, services or products, meals, facilities, goods and travel products or services on your holiday or in relation to it ourselves unless stated otherwise. Therefore, in most circumstances, your rights in the event of changes are against the supplier of the relevant Travel Services, not us. Nonetheless, TripADeal works hard to obtain benefits on your behalf from those suppliers, and those benefits are reflected in this Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Please note that in administering this policy we will only deal with the named person who placed the order in respect of a specific travel offer.
When refunds and credit notes are not available
If you seek to cancel or change your arrangements for any of the following circumstances, you DO NOT qualify for refunds or Credit Notes:
- if you change your mind after you have purchased a travel offer (for whatever reason);
- in a way that is not permitted under the specific terms of an offer (these vary between Suppliers and offers, and we provide these to you as part of the booking process);
- if you are unable to travel due to a medical condition or any other personal reason (subject to the Force Majeure section below);
- if the travel offer experience was in accordance with its description but did not meet your general expectations (for whatever reason);
- if you are unable to obtain your preferred time to experience the travel offer, including if you cannot find ‘buy now choose later’ dates outside the eligible booking window or validity period;
- if you cannot travel due to other travel or other personal commitments;
- you have not attempted to make a booking within the period of time (as set out in the deal terms and conditions);
- if you have had a dispute with the business on behalf of whom we are advertising the travel offer;
- if you are late for your booking, and the business decides to cancel your remaining time;
- where the travel date selected in respect of the travel offer has passed;
- where you are denied entry to a destination due to a failure (for any reason) to comply with a health, visa entry or other requirement (subject to the section below regarding changes to health orders after your booking date);
- if you leave a tour and are non-locatable after reasonable efforts have been made and we cancel any remaining component of a travel offer;
- where TripADeal determines the continuance of a travel offer on the scheduled departure date despite published minimum number criteria not being met;
- if you miss or are a ‘no-show’ for a flight or cruise and your flight/cruise, ticket, accommodation, transfer or other travel offer component is cancelled;
- where an itinerary change occurs and we arrange supply of a service of the comparable or higher standard;
- where we cancel the order in the event of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity.
However, we will in some of these circumstances provide a Credit Note or seek to obtain a refund for you from the Supplier, in accordance with our Credit and ‘Best Efforts Refunds’ Policy below).
When tripadeal may provide refunds and credits
We understand that if Travel Services are significantly changed or affected, or your circumstances change, it is natural to want a refund. As noted above, we are not the provider of the relevant Travel Services, so it is rarely in our control to simply give refunds as we have paid the Suppliers of the Travel Services already on your behalf.
The deals we are able to provide are offered at heavily discounted rates and on sometimes strict conditions by the Suppliers, and the Suppliers impose their own Supplier Terms which form part of the conditions of your booking (as disclosed to you during the booking process).
Nonetheless, it is TripADeal’s policy to try to provide a refund of the amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant Travel Services. Where a refund is not able to be provided, a credit will be issued in the following circumstances:
- allocation system time-outs result in oversold departure date allocations under our inventory allocation system, and as a consequence the travel offer is not available to you and we cancel the order;
- Where the passenger information form is not returned within the specified period and we cancel the order, a credit will be issued less an order offload fee of $200 per order;
- an order is placed in contravention of an applicable child traveller policy and we cancel the order;
- minimum number requirements of a travel offer are not met and we cancel the order;
- an arrive early/stay behind or flight upgrade option is requested and is unavailable due to flight availability after purchase;
- we are required by law to do so;
- we have made a mistake in advertising a travel offer that fundamentally misstates the product or service that is the subject of the travel offer or otherwise in the case of manifest error by us;
- prior to travel, the provider of the travel offer ceases trading or ceases to provide the goods or services that are the subject of the travel offer; or
- the price of your travel service has been increased by more than 10% after you book it, in accordance with ‘Cancellation due to price increase’ below and our Terms and Conditions generally.
These refunds can be subject to deductions and conditions, as set out further below.
Credit and 'best efforts refunds' policy
In the following circumstances, you may be entitled to a Credit Note (in accordance with this Cancellation and Refund Policy and our Terms and Conditions), or we may use reasonable attempts to obtain a refund on your behalf from the relevant Supplier, in each case as set out below:
Best Efforts Refund – Under a claim of Hardship
- if you are permanently unable to travel due to medical reasons, verified with appropriate medical evidence from a qualified medical specialist that confirms the medical condition arose after the date of booking and prohibits travel in accordance with the booking, we will seek a refund for you from the Supplier on your behalf, but cannot guarantee they will provide it, and you should also speak with your travel insurer (see clause 16 of our Terms and Conditions regarding travel insurance);
- if you suffer financial hardship, verified with reasonable and appropriate evidence that confirms the hardship arose after the time of booking, we will seek a refund for you from the Supplier on your behalf, but cannot guarantee they will provide it, and you should also speak with your travel insurer (see clause 16 of our Terms and Conditions regarding travel insurance)
- the travel booked was to attend an event that was a one-off event not capable of being carried out again and was affected by a Force Majeure event;
- if there is a Force Majeure event which prevents the relevant Travel Service from being provided, we will initially seek to issue you with a credit. Under a claim of Hardship, if approved, we will seek a refund for you from the Supplier on your behalf, but cannot guarantee they will provide it, and you should also speak with your travel insurer (see clause 16 of our Terms and Conditions regarding travel insurance);
- if you are temporarily unable to travel due to medical reasons, verified with appropriate medical evidence from a qualified medical specialist that confirms the medical condition arose after the date of booking and prohibits travel in accordance with the booking, we will provide a Credit Note less unrecoverable supplier related fees;
- if there are no suitable dates inside a booking window for your ‘buy now chose later’ offer, or you otherwise fail to make a booking by the relevant ‘book by’ date, we will provide a Credit Note; and
- if, subsequent to booking, there is a change of travel permissions at the local destination (for instance, the imposition of a new vaccination requirement for entry), which prevents you from using the relevant Travel Services, we will provide a Credit Note.
Cancellation due to price increase
If we increase the price of your specific travel offer by a material amount (being more than 10% of the initial price) in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you may cancel the relevant travel products or services and request a refund of amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant travel products or services.
This does not apply to increases arising from a request, action or omission of the customer, any person travelling or intending to travel on the order or any of their agents or representatives (including but not limited to changes to travel arrangements, optional extras, surcharges and other customisations and additions).
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for circumstances where TripADeal may vary, withdraw or cancel the order, the services or the components of a travel offer.
Please note any Credit Note or refund amount will be reduced by:
deductions for any applicable merchant fees imposed by Visa, Mastercard and other payment providers;
supplier refund charges (such as airline or cruise ship processing charges);
agreed and stated cancellation charges as set out in the deal terms
any other non-refundable items/circumstances; and
an administration fee of $300 for our time and effort in negotiating the refund for you.
Any claim for a refund may be reduced or denied where our Terms and Conditions, Complaints Policy or any other TripADeal Policy is not complied with.
Without limiting the foregoing, TripADeal reserves the right at its discretion to provide a refund outside of the above circumstances in compelling or extenuating circumstances. TripADeal’s decision with respect to any refund request is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Submitting a cancellation request
A request for cancellation must be submitted via the TripADeal Support Page located on our website. TripADeal will then email the account holder a Cancellation Form. This must be completed and returned to TripADeal no later than 24 hours prior to travel. Immediately upon submission of this Cancellation Form, you are authorising TripADeal to cancel all elements of the Order for the passenger(s) provided within the form. All cancellations are considered non-reversible once received by TripADeal and subject to the refund circumstances listed above.
Voluntary Flight Cancellations
In the event you are unable to make your flight, for whatever reason, you must contact both TripADeal and Airline directly prior to check-in closing. Where a customer is required to cancel any flight or portion of their ticket, TripADeal reserve the right to further charge the customer, any airline no-show fees. Should the cancellation occur outside of 72 hours prior to travel, only TripADeal needs to be notified. Please see our Flights Policy for further information.
Submitting a refund request
All customers requesting a refund will be required to provide full particulars as to why they are not satisfied with the quality of the goods and services that are the subject of a travel offer.
All complaints need to be made via the Online Feedback Form – a step-by-step process where the details of the issue are recorded. The form can be accessed via the online form located on the TripADeal Support Page located on our website.
By completing the form, TripADeal can assess and seek an appropriate resolution to the issue.
All feedback forms must be received within 30 days from the return of travel, or from the date the incident occurred. Any requests for refunds submitted outside of this timeframe will not be accepted. For further information on submitting a complaint, please refer to TripADeal’s Complaints Policy
TripADeal will verify the validity and veracity of some or all of the particulars of a request for cancellation or refund by consulting with the relevant merchant responsible for fulfilling the offer. TripADeal may also ask you (by phone or email) to provide additional information in relation to the cancellation or refund request.
Hardship and special circumstances claim - COVID
To make a claim of hardship, please fill in this form with the required information and we will be in touch.
In circumstances where we believe that a request for a cancellation or refund does not fall within the scope of this policy, misleading, incorrect, deceptive and/or is otherwise invalid, TripADeal may, in its absolute discretion, refuse a cancellation or refund request. TripADeal is under no obligation to provide you with reasons as to why your request has been refused. Please note that any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise suspicious activity will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities.
Refund via direct deposit
Any refund will be credited to your preferred bank account, according to the details provided by you during the refund request process. Any refund provided by TripADeal is in no way an admission of liability by or on behalf of TripADeal or the admission of any other fact in connection with, any act or omission which then led to the request for a refund being submitted by the customer.
Change to policy
TripADeal may change this policy at any time at our absolute discretion by posting the revised policy on this website. [Such changes will only apply to bookings made after the date of the change]. It is your responsibility to review the terms of this policy. By visiting and using the TripADeal website you agree to abide by the terms of this policy as amended.
For any feedback or questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact TripADeal via our online support form.
Cancellation of bookings made using qantas points
This section applies to cancellations where the relevant booking was made using Qantas Points (in whole or in part). This section prevails over the remainder of the Cancellation and Refund policy to the extent of any inconsistency.
Refund of Eligible Products
Subject to the following sentence, if you use Qantas Points towards the purchase of an Eligible Product (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and prior to the Eligible Product being used, TripADeal cancels or withdraws the Eligible Product, then the Qantas Points used in relation to the cancelled Eligible Products will be re-credited to your account. If you do not return the passenger information form within the specified period, and we cancel the order, the Qantas Points will not be re-credited to your account (but you will receive a TripADeal credit, less an order offload fee of $200 per order).
If you use Qantas Points towards the purchase of an Eligible Product, and you return or cancel the Eligible Product for any reason, then:
- TripADeal may issue you with a TripADeal credit for the monetary amount of that Eligible Product which was paid for in cash (excluding the value of any Qantas Points applied), in accordance with the “WHEN TRIPADEAL MAY PROVIDE REFUNDS AND CREDITS” section above; and
- any Qantas Points used towards the purchase of the relevant Eligible Product will not be re-credited to your account.
Under no circumstances can Qantas Points be redeemed for cash.
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
To earn Qantas Points with Qantas Tours, Members will be required to provide a valid Frequent Flyer number and last name at checkout. Only the lead traveller, the primary contact for the booking, will earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent (including GST) on eligible holiday packages. Qantas Points will not be earned and cannot be redeemed on any amounts payable directly to the hotel. Conditions apply. Qantas Points will be credited to a member's account up to 8 weeks after tour completion. Qantas Points will not be earned on cancelled bookings.
In addition to the 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent, each Frequent Flyer member who enters their Qantas Frequent Flyer number into the booking will also earn Status Credits and Qantas Points on the flight component of the package. The amount you earn depends on your flights, the operating airline, fare class and member status. Find out how many Qantas Points you could earn on your next Qantas Tours flights with our online Points Calculator. Terms and conditions apply.
Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above the minimum level of 4,000 and pay for the remainder of the booking value with an accepted payment method. TripADeal booking terms and conditions apply.